Thursday 23 August 2012

FAIL, FAIL, SUCCESS!

AUGUST 20---NEW PR SQUAT 90K---

Iron Kitty Crossfit Girl
    After failing a 90k squat  4 TIMES in the last 2 months, I finally nailed a 90k squat! I love that I can squat 198lbs at 124lbs BW. Pretty strong for a scrawny chick right?! I thought so too. When I tried it in June, I failed miserably twice and couldn't even bring the bar down without dropping it. I tried again in the beginning of August (with my new belt) and failed twice again:( This time, I brought the bar down both times but had trouble bringing it up and literally froze half way up. It was so frustrating but all I could do is train more and get stronger for next time. On august 20, I worked my way up to an 85 squat and it went up pretty easily. I knew the 90k would be tough but I was going to lose my mind if I failed it for the 5th time! I did it once and success! However, the second I put the bar down I felt like I didn't go as low as I should have. I wasn't as excited as I should be because it felt rushed and probably didn't count. So I tried it again and this time I went all the way down and jusssst made the cut! I made my boyfriend take a video of it so I can see if I went low enough. I will try to post it soon so I can brag some more. JOY TO THE WORLD. Practice makes perfect;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment