Wednesday 22 August 2012

Juiced Up Cindy

AUGUST 20 WOD


A. Clean + 5 Push Press

Crossfit Girl Christmas Abbott 
I did 43k and failed 45k at the 5th rep! Sooo irritating!!! I have to be more patient and focus on doing quality reps rather than rushing them and making them look sloppy. A solid 5 reps with 43k is better than 5 mediocre ones with 45k. Gotta get stronger! 
 
B. "Cindy's Mean Older Sister"
     20 Minute AMRAP
     5 C2B Pull-Ups
     10 Plyo Push-Ups
     15 Jump Squat

I did 12 rounds and 5 pull ups rx. I am so happy with my improvement because according to my log, I was doing pull-ups with a red band in March! I never thought I would be able to do even a single pull up without a band because I felt so weak and scrawny. "Practice makes perfect." "Slow and steady wins the race" "One step at a time". Those statements are used so often that they've lost meaning. All I'm thinking is, "It's too hard! I'll NEVER be able to do it!" After practicing everyday and working on it, I finally used a thinner band and then eventually, no band. I still need to work on kipping and getting a lot of reps but I know I can do it in time. 
This WOD was really tough especially because of the plyo push ups. Chest to bars weren't as tough for me because I learned how to do pull ups that way. I used under hand grip for this wod which was easier for me because I am a lot stronger that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment