Friday 6 July 2012

OFFICIALLY mastered double unders!!!!

JULY 5 WOD


25 min, 12 sets of 5 squats (60K)..tiring!!
100 sit-ups
3 sets of 500 m rows for time ( 1st: 2:09 2nd: 2:20 3rd: 2:15)


JULY 6 WOD


A. Front Squat 3-3-3 
- 4 sets of 3 (65k) It was heavy but it wasn't hard. I felt like I could've done 70k but I wouldn't have been able to do that many sets with it. I back squatted a lot the day before so my legs needed a bit of a break. 


B. 3 Rounds for Time: 18:54min
    30m Over Head Walking Lunge (20k)
    15 T2B
    30 DU

THAT WOD WAS EXHAUSTING!! Lunges weren't that bad but combined with double-unders (which I barely knew how to do in the beginning of the wod) and T2B, I felt like I was going really slow.
The highlight of the WOD was finally learning how to do double unders!!!! I've been trying for months and I always kick back or don't jump fast enough! 
During the first round of the wod, I was struggling so much with double unders that it wasted a good 4 minutes-.- Another cross fitter was at the gym and gave me advice that my boyfriend has been giving me for months. "Jump straight up and keep your hands forward." I did just that and started getting 10-15 double unders in a row! I have never been able to get more than 5 in a row and that's after many exhausting attempts! I don't know why I didn't listen to my boyfriend the first 100 times but I guess I needed to hear it from someone else lol 
I am so excited about my new accomplishment and can't wait to get better at DU's. I sound like a cross fit nerd. I'm going to start doing 100 du's for time and post it daily:)
The road to successful double unders..Ouch!!



                         

No comments:

Post a Comment